Best College Distance Running Programs in 2022
The End of College: Creating the Future of Learning and the University of Everywhere
That Runner in the Lead
Distance Tracker Log Book: Undated Running Journal Calendar With Daily Training & Tracking For Athletic Fitness
Runner's World Run 360: The Total Training System for Runners with Jeremy Shore
- Created by Jeremy Shore, a master trainer for Reebok and Trigger Point
- From Runner’s World, the world’s most trusted running brand
- Includes the best stretches, recovery techniques, plyometrics, and strength moves – specifically for runners. It helps you run faster, longer, and stronger, with more ease and efficiently and fewer injuries
- The product includes 1 DVD disc loaded with: 2 full body workouts, 1 strength stretching session (combines foam rolling with a special type of stretching called Ki-Hara), and 1 core circuit
- Includes bonus insert featuring training plans that include workouts from the DVD
Triple Threat Running: Runners Workout Program with 5+1 Exercise Videos on DVD; 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Full Marathon Training Calendars, Training Guide & Nutrition Guide
- Triple Threat Running is 5 workouts on 5 DVDs plus bonus Form & Agility DVD designed to help you become a strong, efficient runner
- Get great results burning fat and building muscle mass while following the calendars included to train for your upcoming race
- Whether you are beginner or advanced runner, training for a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon or Full Marathon, this program will get you to the start line prepared to run strong and carry you through to the finish line stronger than ever
- Includes a complete Training Guide, a Nutrition Guide and Planning Calendars for Beginner and Advanced 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon. The calendars layout when to do the strength workouts as well as what you should run and when to reach your desired distance goals
- Form & Agility DVD – Work on drills, proper running warm up and form to help reduce chance injury while helping increase running efficiencies
LETSCOM Fitness Tracker HR, Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Monitor, Waterproof Smart Fitness Band with Step Counter, Calorie Counter, Pedometer Watch for Women and Men
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- See Calls & Messages on Your Wrist: Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter) notifications on display; never miss the messages that matter
- Built-in USB Plug: Easy to charge with any USB block and computer; no charging cable and dock needed; one single charge gives you up to 7 days of working time
Nike Men's Revolution 5 Running Shoe, Gym Red/Whiteblack, 11 Regular US
- REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT: The Nike Revolution 5 men's running shoes cushion your stride with soft foam to keep you running in comfort. Minimalist design fits in just about anywhere your day takes you.
- BREATHABLE SUPPORT: These Nike men's shoes have lightweight knit textile that wraps your foot in breathable comfort. Reinforced heel and overlays lend support and durability.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Soft foam midsole delivers a smooth, stable ride, making these the running shoes men need. Textured outer wall reduces the weight of the shoe.
- DURABLE & FLEXIBLE TRACTION: These Nike shoes are made with rubber outsoles, offering durable traction on a variety of surfaces. Spacing in the tread lets your foot flex naturally.
- MEN'S RUNNING SHOES: Lightweight knit wraps foot, foam midsole, rubber outsole, plush lining, soft sockliner.
Gone For a Run Day-by-Day Run Planner | Running Journals Believe Running Girl
- INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE! Our talented team of runners designed this popular Believe Running Girl running journal to be the perfect planner for any passionate and hardworking runner! Filled with inspirational prompts, motivational words, and uplifting quotes, this running journal will inspire you to start every morning with a run. This awesome planner includes 140 pages of daily log entries to track performance and running conditions, helping you to improve your overall fitness and running ability.
- HIGH QUALITY JOURNAL! This top quality paper journal features 160 pages and a protective vinyl cover to keep your Believe Running Girl running journal in perfect condition. This guided planner is designed to help every runner set goals, plan daily and weekly runs, and record personal records and race times. Whether you love a speedy workout at the track or a long leisurely run in the woods, use this helpful running notebook to keep track of your training progress.
- SUPER CONVENIENT SIZE! Do you ever finish a long run or workout with a million thoughts in your head, but forget them the second you get home? That's why we created this journal in a convenient 7" X 5.5" size so you can easily stick it in a gym bag, pocketbook, car door, or anywhere else that is easily accessible to you after your workout! That way you can grab this awesome running journal after a marathon, half marathon, 5K or any road race activity and record your notes and results right awa
- MAKE A GREAT GIFT for the passionate and dedicated runner in your life! Whether they are new to the sport or have been a runner their entire life, we know they will truly appreciate having a sleek and stylish Believe Running Girl running journal to record all of their results, notes, and thoughts in. Available in a variety of designs, find the perfect planner for every runner, coach, and fan in your life!
- DESIGNED AND SOLD BY GONE FOR A RUN – A USA based, family owned and operated business located in Connecticut. We pride ourselves on the integrity and quality of our products and firmly stand behind all that we sell. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, please contact us so we can make it right.
Reebok Run Supreme 3.0 MT Shoe - Men's Running 11 Black/White/Pewter/Asteroid Dust
- Leather and mesh upper for support and breathability.
- Lightweight foam bottom provides superior comfort.
- Bold delta branding and pop color details; Forefoot flex grooves for flexibility.
- Memory Tech sockliner delivers additional cushion; Low-cut design for freedom of motion and quicker transitions.
- Midfoot straps integrated into the lacing system for a more secure fit.
Cross Country: Our Sport is Your Sport's Punishment | XC Runner Unisex T-Shirt-L Grey
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free tour and see how we make your apparel! Tagless tag is printed on fabric inside collar, you can't feel it.
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they do in all of their others, but you might go one size larger if you're on the fence. It is pre-shrunk, but like any high-cotton product, will still shrink slightly in the wash. Our model photos are the real thing - the actual shirt on our salesguy, Rich. He's 6' 2", 200 lbs and wearing a large
- SOFT FABRICS | Our shirts are a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 100% USA-grown cotton. If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth with a high thread-count, tight knit made out of fuzzy plants grown by American farmers. These are mid-weight shirts - a bit lighter than your mass-market, thick gym class t-shirts, but substantial / not see-through. It's a nice balance between comfort and durability
- TOP QUALITY INKS & EQUIPMENT | We use QCM screen printing inks, manufactured in Pineville, North Carolina. These are high quality inks - vibrant and durable, and highly crack resistant. Some of our designs are intentionally faded or cracked (see product photos), but our inks always "do what they are told" by our printers. We use top of the line printing presses and ovens (to properly cure inks) made by M&R in Roselle, Illinois
- SAFE CHEMISTRY | QCM has been one of the most forward-thinking ink manufacturers in the industry, going phthalate-free over ten years ago - way ahead of the curve. They're also CFC free and rated as carcinogen-free by the state of California
How to Prepare for a Track Meet
When it comes to running track, I cannot stress the importance of preparation enough. If you expect to do well, you MUST be well prepared. In this article, I cover the most important aspects of your preparation for a track meet.
Food and Drink
The day before a meet, you should mainly eat foods that are high in carbohydrates. Carbs, in short, are an excellent source of energy for an athlete. Some of the best options to consider include pasta, crackers, bagels, fruits, vegetables, energy bars, etc. I always like to eat a spaghetti dinner the evening before my meet. In terms of drinks, you should be drinking water and staying adequately hydrated all throughout the day before a race. You can also drink Gatorade or Powerade for more carbohydrates if you please. I stress again, you must stay hydrated the day before you race. The day of the meet you also need to stay hydrated, but be sure not to drink too much.
Make sure you have all of your equipment put together in a bag that is easy to carry around with you. Double check that you have everything, you wouldn't want to get to the meet and realize that you forgot something. Fill your bag with whatever else you may need. Pack a light, healthy snack to eat before your race for some quick energy. Also, it is a smart idea to make sure you have a few extra studs and the proper spike wrench for your running shoes incase a stud breaks.
This one's a no brainer, your body needs at least 7 or 8 hours of sleep the day before a race if you want to do well. If at all possible, aim for 9 or 10 hours.
Breakfast is a very important thing to consider when preparing for a meet. Be sure to have a decent sized, high-carb meal the morning of your race. Also remember that you should allow enough time for your body to properly digest this food before your race. Spend some time to prepare a tasty but healthy meal for yourself. Don't just eat a piece of toast and some orange juice, try to add some more fruit, vegetables, an egg, etc. Two things to remember are that you should eat enough that you aren't hungry, but not so much that you feel full in any way and that you need to give your body enough time to digest this food before your race.
Once you arrive at the track, figure out how much time you have until your event. Warm-ups are vital to your success. Your team may do a group stretch and warm-up that you should participate in, but you need to do more on your own if you expect to do well. Give yourself 30 to 45 minutes to prepare for your event on your own. It is important to develop your own style of warming up, as it should become routine, something you do without thought. Try to mix in some light jogging with some striders, along with stretching. Run to a set point and back, stretch for a while, run again. Remember that you shouldn't work yourself too hard, but get loose and work up a mild sweat before your race.
The day of a race, it is normal to be nervy, but you will probably also be excited. This nervousness is adrenaline, which will actually cause you to run faster, so don't fret! It is important to stay mentally ready for your event. Once you arrive at the track, maybe take a quick warm-up lap to get a good feel for the track. Mentally, run through your event in your head. If this is your first event, you might be unsure on a few things, but make sure you resolve all of your questions with your coach. Don't be afraid to ask! Your coach will most likely be pleased that you are concerned and will add in a bit of extra advice.
After your race, try to go on a light jog to cool down to avoid being sore later on. If any of your teammates competed in the same event, ask them if they would like to go on a brief cool down with you. I'm usually very jumpy and excited after a race, so I usually use this time to talk with my teammates about the race.