Best Gear For Trail Running in 2022
MudGear Trail Running Socks for Men and Women, Made in USA - 2 Pair Pack (Gray/Black, Large)
MudGear Premium Compression Socks - Mens & Womens Running Hiking Trail - 1 Pair (Black/Gray - L)
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Our premium compression running socks are made so well that we guarntee you will be completely satisfied with them. They're built tough in the USA for men and women competing in outdoor performance sports like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder, but comfortable for hiking, climbing, rucking and all-day wear by military, police and rescue workers, nurses, and other everyday warriors. Knee high with padded calf.
- SUPER COMFORTABLE - Built to provide comfort, wick water better than wool, and prevent blisters over long miles. These compression running socks are built to last.
- TRUE GRADUATED COMPRESSION - Reduce muscle fatigue and boost circulation. Performance grade rated at 15-20 mmhg and often used for medical support and relief.
- SPEEDS RECOVERY - Stabilize muscles and recover faster. Padded toe box, over and under. Armor up for all competition. Also excellent for soccer, motorcross, ski, and hockey.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Conquer obstacles with MudGear.
New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Hierro V5 Trail Running Shoe, Light Aluminum/Chromatic Yellow, 11.5 M US
- 281 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 8 mm drop are approximate
- Fresh Foam innovative midsole created from a single piece of foam that provides a plush, more natural ride
- Synthetic upper
- Vibram outsole provides maximum surface contact and multi-directional traction. Vibram is a registered trademark of Vibram S.p.A. All rights reserved.
TSLA Men's Outdoor Sneakers Trail Running Shoe, All Around(t330) - Light Grey & Blue, 11
- * Alert : True to size ! Recommend ordering usual shoe size
- ex: usual size MEN 7 (D) > MEN 7(D)
- All terrain All rugged trail running shoes
- Constructed using mesh, nylon webbing, synthetic leather and high quality PU materials
- Shock absorbent synthetic midsole, reinforced heel cup, and mesh upper
- Durable long lasting construction and protection from all harsh environments.
- Ergonomically form fitting for comfort and security
- Dependable dynamic grip and traction
Salomon Trail Gaiters, Black, Large (size 9.5-12)
- Ease of Use: when the trail becomes more of a rubble pile, simply slide these gaiters over your shoes and Velcro them closed.
- Connecting Sole Strap
- External side closures
- Reflective Salomon logo
Salomon Men's Speedcross 5 Trail Running, Black/Black/Phantom, 10
- TRAIL RUNNING SHOES: Featuring an aggressive grip, precise foothold, & protection, the Salomon Speedcross 5 is the ideal shoe for runners who want to conquer soft, technical trails.
- GET ROUGH: Redesigned with deep, sharp lugs for an improved grip & a more dynamic upper for better fit & stability, the Speedcross 5 is the perfect shoe for trail runners who aren't afraid of wet & dirty terrain.
- GO THE DISTANCE: Whether you love daily road running in your neighborhood, an escape to a local trail, or something more rugged, Salomon makes shoes that ensure you have a smooth ride on any & all terrain.
- TIME TO PLAY: Whether you are into trail running, hiking, backpacking, or mountaineering, Salomon has shoes & gear for kids, men & women to help you conquer a new distance, personal record, or event!
- SINCE 1947 Salomon has used our passion for outdoor sports & innovation to create progressive gear. Our road & trail running shoes, hiking sneakers, boots, & water shoes help make any path your own.
Mubasel Gear Hydration Backpack Pack with 2L BPA Free Bladder - Lightweight Pack Keeps Liquid Cool Up to 4 Hours - Great Storage Compartments - Outdoor Sports Gear for Running Hiking Cycling Skiing
- 1.PERFECT SET - Included 70-Ounce (2 Liter) BPA free food grade hydration bladder.
- 2.UPER LIGHT - Weight 0.8 lb with 2L bladder in high quality of the workmanship & Nylon material, it definitely won’t burden you when sporting.
- 3.GOOD VOLUME - Includes a storage compartments (16.5 * 9.85 inch) that will fit your clothes, keys, purses, phones etc. For even more storage, the front stretch mesh pockets allows you to pack even more on your hike.
- 4.MULTIPLE USAGE BLADDER - It can bear the weight of 132 lb, you can use it as pillow if need to rest lying down outside, the opening is large enough to add ice cubes for chilling.
- 5.EASY CLEANING- With updated large opening, you will never worried about cleaning or drying the bladder like others, and 100% leakage proof.
WHITIN Men's Trail Running Shoes Minimalist Barefoot 5 Five Fingers Wide Width Toe Box Gym Workout Fitness Low Zero Drop Male Yoga Zumba Comfortable Pilates Heel Black Size 13
- A wide toe box lets your toes spread and relax.
- Produced using animal free products and processes.
- Removable sockliner (insole) if you want a “more barefoot” feeling.
- True rubber sole provides great protection while still getting the ground feedback.
- Note, if between sizes, order next size down.
TRIWONDER Outdoors Mochilas Trail Marathoner Running Race Hydration Vest Hydration Pack Backpack (Grey - with 2 Water Bottles)
- ✅ WATER SUPPLEMENT -- BPA-free hydration bladder OR water bottles equipped, pressure-tolerant and leak proof. Drinking the water by the tube directly or take it out easily whenever you need without taking your running vest off or stopping your steps. Convenient trail running backpack outfit
- ✅ BREATHABLE + ADJUSTABLE -- Soft and lightweight mesh on back and shoulder straps maximize breathability. The race vest with slide-adjustable sternum straps enhance fit and reduces bounce while running
- ✅ LIGHTWEIGHT -- The hydration pack with shorter length delivers a close, comfortable and chafe-free fit. Reflectivity on the front and back enhance your visibility. Ultra hydration vest provides you with the max support and min burden
- ✅ SUPER POCKET -- You can carry everything you need with the water backpack. Super pocket design that your water bottles, phone, keys, foods can easily stored in the front pack pockets, and bladder or other items can be held in the back one
- ✅ EXTENSIVE APPLICATIONS -- Our waterproof and sturdy running water vest aims to accompany your trip of Running, Marathon, Jogging, Hiking, Climbing, Cycling, Walking, Backpacking, etc. TRIWONDER 5.5L hydration backpack for men, women and kids
Sport2People Running Pouch Belt, USA Patented, Runner Waist Pack iPhone X 6 7 8 for Men and Women (black, one size, 2 pockets)
- ENJOY OUTDOOR OR GYM ACTIVITY CAREFREE AND HANDS-FREE! Now you can keep your phone and other necessities safe and concentrate on your running! TWO POCKETS TO CARRY ALL YOU NEED. Best Running Belt You Can Find with extended manufacturer‘s warranty!
- SAVE YOUR PHONE FROM SCRATCHES: Running pack with 2 expandable pockets, one large, one small. Now you can handle the phone without other stuff accidentally falling out. Amazingly COMFORTABLE runners belt. IT DOESN’T BOUNCE. No rubbing.
- WATER RESISTANT: high-quality material with a special-shaped zipper will keep your items dry in almost any weather condition. ADJUSTABLE LENGTH 27.5" to 40.5". SPECIAL EARPHONES HOLE for a pleasant workout experience.
- SAFER, EASIER and MORE COMFORTABLE TRAVELING: Roomy running fanny pack for your valuables, put it around your waist, cover with shirt or jacket. Perfect for storing your essentials during large crowd events, sports or water-related activities etc.
- BE SAFE AND SEEN while running IN THE DARK with OUR runners belt with 3 REFLECTIVE DARTS. This running pack fits comfortably to your body and is small enough to fit in your gym bag. HAVE MORE FUN DURING your ACTIVITIES with our BEST runners waist pack.
Running in Dupage County: Best Trails West of Chicago
As runners, most of us enjoy the moments where we get immersed in our runs. Having to look out for cars can prevent this. Here are some of the more peaceful and beautiful trail runs around Dupage County.
Best Running Trails: Dupage County Prairie Path
The Prairie Path is one of the better maintained and popular running trails around Chicagoland. Spanning the entire width of Dupage County, this trail run splits in Wheaton and heads north and south. The north section of the trail leads up to Elgin, while the south portion ends in Aurora. Drinking fountains are numerous, and benches are as well.
Most of the path is unpaved, with a canopy of trees overhanging the path. Since it is a well maintained path with ease of access, the path can get crowded on nice days. Be aware of this is you are hoping to isolate yourself from the world when you trail run.
Best Running Trails: Dupage County Great Western Trail
Running trails have become more popular over the past decade or so, and the Great Western Trail is a great example. What used to be an abandoned railroad has been remodeled to allow for some great trail runs. It can be considered the brother of the Prairie path. They run parallel to each other and contain similar scenery.
The Great Western Trail begins in Lombard and heads to West Chicago. It ends temporarily, but resumes and goes all the way to Sycamore. This trail run contains less amenities. It is void of the many drinking fountains and benches that the Prairie Path requires, and has less runners as a result. Therefore, as long as you come properly hydrated, you can enjoy solitude and great views as you run.
Best Running Trails: Busse Woods, Elk Grove
Though technically in Cook County, Busse Woods is just off of I-290 and provides a beautiful backdrop to a run. Busse offers multiple running trails, the longest being 7.7 miles, and encircles a beautiful lake. If you're lucky, you may even spot some elk that inhabit the area.
Although there are stretches of beautiful nature on its running trails, Busse is surrounded by a highway and a mall, and buildings can be seen through a large portion of the runs. However, if you stick to the long trail that surrounds the lake, most of the buildings disappear. Most of the running trails in Busse are paved as well, so be aware of bicycles zipping around you.
Best Running Trails: Herrick Lake, Wheaton
Herrick Lake, although slightly smaller than Busse Lake, offers a myriad of running trails of varied distances. The longest official trail is 2.2 miles. However, many of the running trails connect and can lead to other forest preserves in the area. One could begin at the Danada forest preserve and use a trail to get all the way to the Blackwell forest preserve in Warrenville. The running choices are virtually endless.
Of course Dupage County offers many more running trails and forest preserves than what is mentioned here. Check out Dupage's official preserve website for more running trails once you've conquered these.