Best Long Distance Running Spikes in 2021
ASICS Men's Hyper LD 5 Track & Field Shoes, 8.5M, Black/Safety Yellow
- Nylon Spike Plate - Increased durability and traction on all surface.
- Full-Length EVA Midsole -
- Slip Lasting - For lightweight and flexibility. Upper is wrapped and stitched before it is glued to the midsole.
Thestron Track Shoes Spikes Mens Womens Distance Running Sneakers Athletic Sprinting Track and Field Racing Shoes with Spikes Boys Girls â€¦ Gold
- Track shoes: Microfiber leather upper provides superior stretch and flexibility during running.
- Spikes Shoes: Ultra Light Shoe in 1/4 stainless metal spikes make performance last than usual.
- Package: pyramid needles with wrench.
- Track & Field shoes: We guarantee to exchange the shoes without any doubt, just contact us freely if you have any problems.
- Athletic spiked shoes fit for sprinting, distance running, jumping, hurdling, school training, etc. Professional studs help you run faster, jump higher.
Under Armour Men's Kick Distance Spike Running Shoe, White (102)/Black, 10
- Lightweight textile upper provides breathable support
- Internal midfoot strap & 3D printed heel support keeps you locked in from start to finish
- EVA foam midsole for shock absorption, cushioning & comfort
- Forefoot Pebax plate provides a push of power to help maintain speed
- 4 pin track spike outsole construction delivers enhanced grip & traction
Saucony Men's Kilkenny XC 8 Track Shoe, Black/Silver, 115
- Flexfilm provides a strong, lightweight material
- More relaxed fit
- Compression-molded EVA
- ET-600 rubber outsole
- 4-pin Pebax spike plate to increase traction
Track Spikes 110 Pieces 1/4 Inch Stainless Steel Metal Extra Long Running Track Cross Country Spikes Replacement Pyramid Shoes Track Spikes,Silver
- ♥Quality Material of Track Spikes: Made of high quality stainless steel, which is very sturdy, rust-resist and anti-corrode. Pyramid needle design,not damage track. Very practical items for both men and women.
- ♥Creative design Pyramid Shoes Spikes: all these spikes are designed to be pyramid shape, for the purpose of increasing the friction between shoes and ground, which has anti-slip effective function, especially for running and other sports activities.
- ♥Extensive Usage Long Track: Spikes will add the friction between the shoe sole and ground, thus can resist skid and improve your running speed, Ideal for track sprints, long jump, running, outdoor sports activities.
- ♥Easy to Use & Replace Shoes Spikes: The package includes a Spike Wrench. It is very easy for you to screw the track spikes into the shoes, convenient to replace the spikes. Ideal for athletic tracks, field and cross country surfaces.
- ♥Money back or replacement manufacturer’s warranty included when purchased from our store. Please click the ”contact seller” button thought hesitation when you have any problem.
PUMA Evospeed Distance 8 Running Spikes - 11.5 - Orange
- Breathable - Air can flow in and out for ventilation.
- Moisture Wicking - Moisture from sweat is wicked away efficiently.
- Aerodynamic Lines - Smooth aerodynamic lines on the upper improve speed.
- Nylon Inner - The nylon inner of the shoe will feel smooth and comfortable against the foot.
- Traditional Laces - Easy to secure the laces for a comfortable and personalised fit.
Saucony Kilkenny XC7 Purple/Blue 6.5
- Surface: Grass, Trail, Gravel. Differential: Not provided. Highly breathable mesh upper with featherlight synthetic overlays. Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and performance. Lace-up closure. Breathable mesh linings. Lightly padded foam footbed. Compression molded EVA midsole attenuates shock and supplies responsive cushioning over middle to long distances. XT-600™ carbon rubber outsole delivers exceptional traction and abrasion resistance. 4-pin Pebax® spike pla
- With its superior fit, the Saucony® Kilkenny XC7 will keep you going on your next cross-country trek.
- Predecessor: Kilkenny XC4 Spike.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: Minimal feel with extreme flexibility.
Nike Men's Zoom Rival MD 8 Track Spike Black/White/Volt 10 Women/8.5 Men
- Internal arch band wraps the foot for a secure fit.
- 3/4-length bootie reduces layers and weight.
- Updated plate design provides optimal traction and transition.
- Synthetic overlays throughout the midfoot and heel increase durability.
New Balance Men's Middle Distance 500 V6 Running Shoe, neon Emerald/Black, 11.5 D US
- 6 Spike Configuration
- Removable Spikes
New Balance Women's Middle Distance 500 V6 Running Shoe, Voltage Violet/Black, 6 B US
- Removable Spikes
- 6 Spike Configuration
Rising Suicide Rates in US and Europe Attributed to Unemployment, Say Experts
Rates of depression and suicide have increased during the US recession, and countries that have received economic buyouts by the EU are also seeing large spikes.
Economies are constantly in flux and there always seems to be a country having financial problems. Recent reports are showing that many countries within the European Union, and the United States, have increased their rates of depression and suicide. This historically has coincided with high unemployment rates and economic recessions, and history seems to be repeating itself in modern time.
Increased Suicide Rates in the EU
The medical journal The Lancet recently published a report on the suicide rate of countries within the European Union. As unemployment rates have risen between the years of 2020 '" 2020, so has the number of suicides in 9 out of 10 countries that were studied. These included the countries of the UK, Holland, Hungary, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Romania, Austria, Greece, Finland, and Ireland
They found that the suicide rates showed immediate increase as soon as pre-signs of economic problems occurred. These signs include problems initially appear in a country's banking system, which often leads to higher unemployment.
Greece has their suicide rates increase by 17%, Ireland increased by 13%, and Latvia by 17%. All three countries are experiencing economic problems, with Greece and Ireland having to recently receive economic bailouts from the EU.
The one anomaly on the study was Austria. The Austrians unemployment rate has moved up 0.6%, yet their suicide rates actually decreased. Researchers attribute this to having Austrians having established social networks to support each other.
Increased Suicide Rates in the United States
With the United States being in a recession for several years, the rates of depression and suicide have increased. Historically, the United States' suicide rate isn't as affected by the stock market activity as much as it is by the high unemployment rate.
During the Great Depression, unemployment rates were at 25%. The unemployment led to 14 people out of every 100,000 Americans committing suicide. As the situation continued to worsen, the suicide rates increased to 17 people out of every 100,000 Americans.
Dr. Berman is the executive director of the American Association of Suicidology. Dr. Berman says, "we will expect to see an increased rate of suicide if the recession is prolonged."
The National Suicide Prevention Line has seen a strong rise in calls during the recession. In Palm Beach, Florida, suicide calls have increased by 87%. In Oregon, the suicide calls have increased by 55%.
Alan Ross is the director of the Samaritans of New York. Ross says, "No one's talking about rebuilding the emotional and well-being of the public that is just as affected as the economy."
The Drastic Impact on Greece
The Greek economy has seen a recent turn for the worse, with the EU having to issue 12 billion Euros to keep the economy afloat. Prior to the economic crisis, the carefree Greeks were at the bottom in suicide rates within all of Europe.
Psychiatrists say that the number of Greeks seeking help has increased by 25-30% during their economic crisis. The suicide rates have already increased by 18%, and is expected to get worse.
Most of the suicides are being attributed to the areas of Athens and Crete, where many of the business people weren't able to find other ways to cope with the financial crisis.
Aris Violaztis is a Greek psychiatrist. Violaztis says, "[The Greeks] are ashamed. The entire world today thinks that the Greeks are cheaters and the black sheep of Europe. This is very hard to accept."