Best Obstacle Course Running Shoes in 2021
Inov-8 Womens X-Talon 230 - Lightweight OCR Trail Running Shoes - for Spartan, Obstacle Races and Mud Run - Grey/Teal 8.5 W US
- ➤ STICKY GRIP - The industry leading outsole rubber compound is softer and stickier than previous outsoles. Combined with the classic 8mm lugs, the shoe delivers better traction than its predecessor over both wet and dry underfoot conditions.
- ➤ NARROW FIT - A grade 1 precision fit holds the foot securely without being super narrow, whilst allowing some room for toe splay.
- ➤ ADDED PROTECTION - A flexible rock plate sits between the outsole and midsole of the shoe, providing enhanced underfoot protection against rocks and other obstacles.
- ➤ LIGHTWEIGHT - The flexible upper materials, protective rand and gusseted tongue are all non water absorbing, meaning the shoe remains at its light weight best.
- ➤ SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 1 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
VJ XTRM OCR Shoes - Trail Running Shoes Women and Mens with a Full Length Rock Plate - Made for Rocky and Technical Mountain Trails and Obstacle Course Races - Mens 7.5 | Womens 9 Red
- Designed for Obstacle Course and Trail Running - Made for rocky and technical terrain of OCR, Trail, Sky, and Mountain Running. Co-designed by Jon Albon, World Champion Sky Runner and OCR athlete.
- XTRM is built with cushioning units in the front and heel for maximum comfort while the full length rock plate protects your feet from sharp rocks and sticks. A medium last guarantees a secure ride with a toe box that not too narrow and not too wide. New FitLock secures your foot into the shoe for precise control.
- Outsole made of Butyl rubber - for VJ's legendary grip. A strengthened rubber toe-cap protects your toes. Upper is made from a custom blend of Kevlar and polyester designed to be tough and durable.
- Specs: 4mm drop - 8.8 oz (US M 8.5) - 6mm cleats on the outsole.
Saucony Men's Excursion TR12 Sneaker, Blue/Black, 9.5 M US
- GRID Cushioning
- Durable rubber outsole
- Trail Specific Mesh
VJ Irock Shoes - Trail Running Shoes Women and Mens - Made for Rocky and Technical Mountain Trails and Obstacle Course Races - Sandwich Mesh and Kevlar Fibers
- BUILT FOR IT - Designed for Obstacle Course and Trail Running - Made for rocky and technical terrain of OCR, Trail, Sky, and Mountain Running. Co-designed by Jon Albon, World Champion Sky Runner and OCR athlete.
- LOCKED IN - new FitLock and anti-slip laces so you can go the extra mile without worry that your laces have loosened or come undone
- BEST GRIP ON THE PLANET - Outsole made of Butyl rubber - for VJ's legendary grip. A strengthened rubber toe-cap protects your toes. Upper is made from a custom blend of Kevlar and polyester designed to be tough and durable.
- THE SPECS - 6mm drop - 8.8 oz (US M 8.5) - 7mm cleats on the outsole.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT - Cushioning units in the front and heel, for optimal sizing and comfort, we recommend going up a 1/2 size
Inov-8 Mudclaw 275 - Trail Running OCR Shoes - Soft Ground - for Obstacle, Spartan Races and Mud Running - Black/Silver 7.5 Women/6 Men
- ➤ UNRIVALLED GRIP - The aggressive outsole features 8mm cleats, each with water dispersal channels which prevent aquaplaning to deliver unparallel claw like grip, no matter how thick the mud is.
- ➤ INCREASED PROTECTION - A flexible rock plate not only provides underfoot protection from obstacles but also flexes with the foots natural gait to aid agility on the trails. Whilst a gusseted tongue prevents debris from entering the shoe.
- ➤ HIGHLY BREATHABLE - The highly breathable, non water absorbing upper materials keep the shoe light in wet conditions, with added overlays for durability.
- ➤ FLEXIBLE DESIGN - The flexible outsole technology molds around any obstacle ensuring the foot has the flexibility and freedom to move naturally on the trails, allowing you to run confidently as the trail surfaces and weather conditions change.
- ➤ SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 1 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
Inov-8 Roclite 290 Trail Running Shoes - Women's, Grey/Pink/White, 7.5 US, 000564-GYPKWH-M-01-6
- Surface: Trail. Differential: 4 mm. Standard fit last features a wider toe box that allows toes to splay naturally. Will fit wider than a traditional medium width shoe. Designed for running swiftly over a variety of terrains. Breathable, lightweight mesh and synthetic upper materials. AdapterWeb Met-Cradle adapts to the movements and swelling of the foot for an adaptive, more comfortable fit and feel. Lace-up closure. Protective rubber toe cap. Y-Lock heel support helps stabilize the heel.
- From wet mountain terrain, to muddy grass, hard-packed trails, and everything in between, the inov-8® Roclite 290 feels your need for speed and confident footing.
- Predecessor: None.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation (supination).
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
VJ MAXx Shoes - Trail Running Shoes Women and Mens - Made for Rocky and Technical Mountain Trails and Obstacle Course Races - Men's 9/Women's 10.5
- MADE FOR GOING LONG: The New VJ MAXx VJ MAXx is a well cushioned, light-weight trail shoe especially designed for the longer distances
- THE BEST GRIP ON THE PLANET: Outsole is VJ's famous 100% Butyl-rubber
- A LITTLE BREATHING ROOM: The upper is made of breathable sandwich mesh and reinforced with strong Kevlar fibers and built on a larger than medium last with just a little more space in the toe box
- PROTECTION: Strengthened rubber toe-cap and full length Rock Plate in the sole protects you from sharp rocks and sticks
- THE SPECS: 6mm drop - 8.8 oz (US M 8.5) - 4mm cleats in the outsole
Inov-8 Unisex X-Talon 200 | Super Lightweight OCR Trail Running Shoe | Wide Fit | Perfect for Mud and Obstacle Races | Red/Black M4.5/ W6
- Aggressive 8mm sticky rubber studs deliver ultimate traction across soft muddy terrain
- Super lightweight flexible design, allows the shoe to move naturally with the foot
- Rubber toe bumper protects obstacles, whilst rubber outsole delivers traction and durability on rope climbs
- 3mm heel to toe drop and EVA midsole delivers superb comfort without compromising on ground feel
- ✅ Size note: The shoes come up a 4 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide)
Salomon Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Running, Black/Black/Black Metallic, 9
- Agressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground
- Precise Foothold : Close to foot and comfortable feel
- Contragrip rubber sole; MIDSOLE HEIGHT : 30mm/20mm (10mm drop);WEIGHT: 310g
- Aggressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground , minimalistic and strong lace for one pull tightening. Easy on, easy off
- EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability
Inov-8 Mens Roclite 300 | Trail Running Shoes | Perfect Entry Shoe for Runners Seeking Comfort & Protection | Blue/Yellow M11.5/ W13
- Sticky rubber provides optimal grip on all trail conditions.
- 8mm drop and more cushioning, allowing you to go further.
- Highly breathable lightweight upper delivers protection, comfort and durability.
- Lightweight, flexible rock plate provides increased comfort with underfoot impact protection.
- ✅ Size note: The shoes come up a 3 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide)
Bowflex Series 7 Best Treadmill I've Ever Used
The Bowflex Series 7 is a great treadmill but is hard to move once assembled.
The Bowflex Series 7 doesn't offer many features that are different than any other treadmill you would find. However, the sturdy design and ease of assembly make it worth the extra money we spent on it.
When we bought our old treadmill, we had to reassemble it. The process took us roughly 3 hours. The Bowflex Series 7 took us about 45 minutes. In fact, even if my wife wasn't helping me, I think I could have still gotten it assembled in under an hour. It is the first item I've ever bought that had all the parts labeled rather than shoved into a little plastic bag. There was no guesswork involved.
After it was assembled and plugged in, I was very impressed with the quality of this treadmill. I tested it out by walking at a brisk pace and didn't hear any sound other than my feet hitting the tread. Even after turning up the speed, I still didn't hear the motor. I love that because it means I can go on it in the mornings while everyone else in the house is asleep. It's also one of the few treadmills I've used where I feel comfortable jogging on it. For some reason, the others always seem like they will fall apart if I go too fast.
Because of the sturdy design, I will caution any buyers who think they will end up moving this treadmill from one room to another. This isn't a piece of exercise equipment that can be moved easily. My wife couldn't lift her end of this machine and, if it weren't for my neighbor helping us, we probably would never have been able to carry it into the house.
In addition, once it's assembled, the Bowflex Series 7 is too big to fit through a normal doorway. If you intend on moving it, you'll probably have to take it apart first.
Probably the only thing I'm really disappointed about with the Bowflex Series 7 is the information screen. The font they use is very small and I have a heck of a time reading any of the messages on it. If I were to change anything on this machine, that would be it.
The Bowflex Series 7 may not be the cheapest treadmill on the market but it is by far one of the best. If you're serious about wanting a reliable treadmill for your home gym, this is the one to buy.