Best Race Ever Running in 2023
Office Runner 3D
The Wildest Race Ever: The Story of the 1904 Olympic Marathon
Nike Men's Race Running Shoe, Vast Gray White Particle Gray, US 7.5
- Style#: CK2718-002
- Upper shows off speed-lacing loops and welded synthetic panels.
- Features a TPU frame for lightweight comfort.
- Soft collar contours the foot for a comfortable fit.
- Full-length foam midsole and Vapormax Air unit cushion each step.
The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young
The Art of Racing in the Rain: A Novel
The Race - Speed Training
G-Run Hydration Running Belt with Bottles - Water Belts for Woman and Men - iPhone Belt for Any Phone Size - Fuel Marathon Race Pack for Runners - Jogging Waist Pouchâ€¦ (Purple-Custom Size Belt)
Triple Threat Running: Runners Workout Program with 5+1 Exercise Videos on DVD; 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Full Marathon Training Calendars, Training Guide & Nutrition Guide
- Triple Threat Running is 5 workouts on 5 DVDs plus bonus Form & Agility DVD designed to help you become a strong, efficient runner
- Get great results burning fat and building muscle mass while following the calendars included to train for your upcoming race
- Whether you are beginner or advanced runner, training for a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon or Full Marathon, this program will get you to the start line prepared to run strong and carry you through to the finish line stronger than ever
- Includes a complete Training Guide, a Nutrition Guide and Planning Calendars for Beginner and Advanced 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon. The calendars layout when to do the strength workouts as well as what you should run and when to reach your desired distance goals
- Form & Agility DVD – Work on drills, proper running warm up and form to help reduce chance injury while helping increase running efficiencies
The Painted Warrior
Runner's World Performance Nutrition for Runners: How to Fuel Your Body for Stronger Workouts, Faster Recovery, and Your Best Race Times Ever
Bike Racing League at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome
The Lehigh Valley Velodrome is looking for future bike racing champions. Every year they offer Spring BRL for kids 9-16 who want to try track racing. Fee is very small and coaching is top of the line.
Track racing is not for everyone. It's not like riding your bike on the road. Track racing is a highly competitive sport where a group of racers race against each other and try to get first position by going around each other on a narrow, banked, oval track.
The bikes are different too. They are only one gear bikes with no brakes. To come to a stop you must first pedal slower and then find a wall to hold you up. Why the wall? Because your feet are strapped into the pedals. Strapping your feet to the pedals makes stopping hard because you can't put your feet on the ground to help you stop and hold you up. The reason your feet are strapped to the pedals is so you can pedal both by pushing down on the pedals and by pulling up on the straps while pedaling. The straps also help you slow down because pedaling slower is made easier by pulling up on the straps to slow yourself down.
The Spring BRL runs from mid April to mid June. BRL sessions are two days a week after school either on a Tuesday/Thursday or a Monday/Wednesday depending on which team you sign up for. The cost is very small, especially considering the amount of training and the quality of training they are getting. During the Spring BRL season the coaches will treat the racers as though they are the racer's own personal trainers. Afterall, they want their team to win.
Spring BRL is a track racing program. If your child has never raced on a track bike before then they would need to take the two week, six session introductory program. They have to first learn to ride a track bike and how to ride on a track before they will be allowed to participate in the BRL.
Each BRL session is 90 minutes long and kids are broken down into groups separated by gender and age. The first two weeks of Spring BRL will be practice sessions so the kids can get back into the swing of track racing. After that they start scrimmages and then races. If they qualify they may be able to participate in the Spring BRL finals. At the finals they will have the chance to win a gold, silver or bronze medal.
Don't bring your bike, just your helmet. The Lehigh Valley Velodrome has track bikes that the kids can use free of charge. Wear bike clothes, you will be more comfortable. Don't wear wide shoes, they may not fit into the straps comfortably.
Registration must be done in March either at the Lehigh Valley Velodrome or at their Web site. A release form must be signed by the child's parent before the child will be allowed on the track. Track racing is a potentially dangerous sport, as are most sports, so sign up with caution.