Best Recovery Shoes After Running in 2023
New Balance Men's Fresh Foam 1080 V10 Running Shoe, Summer Fog/Neo Crimson, 12 M US
ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoes, 7.5W, Black/Carbon/NEON Lime
- Manmade upper
- Lace up closure for a secure fit
- Fabric linings keep feet cool and dry
- Cushioned footbed for added comfort is removable to help accomodate medical orthotics
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning system helps absorb shock for a smoother transition
ALTRA Men's ALM1948G Paradigm 4.5 Road Running Shoe, Blue/Yellow - 12.5 M US
- Dynamic support combo of integrated StabiliPods and medial Guide Rail
- Perfect for weak or tired feet
- A natural favorite for ultrarunners
- Stack Height: 30mm
- M | 11.2 oz. / 318 g
ALTRA Men's Escalante 2 Road Running Shoe, Gray - 9.5 M US
- Increased breathability
- Secure fit
- Updated insole that is less susceptible to compression
- Better step-in feel
- Stack Height: 24mm
- M | 8.8 oz / 249 g
adidas Men's Shoes Athletics 24/7 Training, Dark Heather Grey/Crystal White/Black, (11 M US)
- Flexible mesh upper is breathable
- Adjustable lacing system for a perfect fit
- Additional molded sockliner for recovery after sports
- EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning
- Rubber outsole provides secure traction
Brooks Womens Bedlam Running Shoe - Purple/Navy/Grey - B - 6.0
- SHOE SIZE: "B" = Medium width
- ENERGIZED FEEL: Delivers a responsive and springy ride to add extra lift to your stride without compromising support or speed.
- SUPPORT SYSTEM: Next-generation Guide Rails provide holistic support by guiding your feet into alignment—reducing heel and shin rotation, and keeping excess knee motion in check.
- RESPONSIVE CUSHIONING: This responsive cushioning provides best-in-class energy return, for a dynamic, springy, responsive ride. Your own energy is conserved, allowing you put more into every stride.
- SECURE FIT, INCOGNITO COMFORT: The dynamic midfoot wrap makes feet feel secure inside of the highly adaptable Fit Knit upper. The covert wraparound heel collar treats your feet to plush comfort. A sueded heel tab protects your Achilles from irritation.
Gravity Defyer Men's G-Defy Mighty Walk Black Blue Athletic Men's Walking Shoes 10 M US - Recovery Pain Relief Shoes for Heel Spurs, Foot Pain Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- VersoShock Technology- Patented Spring System Absorbs Shock From the Ground up Converting it into Renewed Positive Energy.
- Seamless interior for sensitive feet and diabetic neuropathy to prevent irritation.
- Removable insoles to accommodate custom orthotic support.
- Front rocker sole with a supported midfoot to prevent and relieve plantar fasciitis.
- Extra roomy toe box for bunions, diabetes, or just a little extra wiggle room.
ALTRA Women's Paradigm 4.5 Road Running Shoe, Black - 9.5 M US
- Max cushioned shoe
- Integrated StabiliPods
- Stack Height: 30mm
- 9.2 oz. / 261g
ASICS Mens Gel-Kahana 8 Running Shoe, Directoire Blue/Vibrant Yellow/Black, 11 Medium US
- Rear foot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- SpEVA Midsole Material: Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- DuoMax Support System: A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- Trusstic System Technology: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
OOFOS Unisex OOahh Sport Slide Sandal, Black/Black 12 B(M) US Women/10 D(M) US Men
- OOfoam Recovery Technology absorbs 37% more impact than traditional footwear foam, giving your feet the break they need
- Our patented footbed will cradle your arches to reduce stress on sore feet, ankles, knees, and lower back
- Designed to allow natural motion and relief
- Keeping things easy, OOFOS are machine washable
- OOFOS are made in whole sizes. We recommend sizing down if you're a men's half size
Free Running: Overcoming Obstacles like Walls, Rails and Creeks
Packs of free runners are getting together to run over and around any obstacles they can find.
Free running is a new sport in America. It involves running and vaulting over natural obstacles. It is completely non-competitive, and free runners often travel in packs to challenge each other and themselves.
The sport originated in France as parkeur, where the runners are known as traceurs. Some of the moves in free running include:
Muscle ups - Hanging from a wall and then using your upper body strength to get over it;
Wall hops - running toward a wall and using your momentum to hop up the wall;
Cat jumps - diving so your body goes horizontal before landing vertically on your feet; and
Under bars - jumping through a gap between obstacles.
The idea is to propel yourself around your environment. The movements of free running have been including in recent movies such as District 13 and the Bond film Casino Royale.
The original French sport emphasizes movements that used the least time and energy, as well as avoiding injury and maximizing endurance. Free running includes more complicated moves, some of which are not necessary to clear an obstacle.
Many free runners have previous backgrounds in martial arts, gymnastics or break dancing. Although the flashy building jumps may be featured in a movie, most free running takes place on the ground.
All of this flipping and flying can lead to injuries. It's important for a free runner to learn to jump - and land - properly. Performing to roll at the end of a jump can reduce the risk of injury, but learning to do such rolls can lead to a few bumps.
Look around on the web and see if anyone is free running in your area. The runners have the most fun when they travel in packs. Maybe you can join one.