Best Running Shoes For Trail Running in 2022
ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 7 Trail Running Shoes, 8.5M, Sheet Rock/ICE Mint
- Durable uppers crafted from synthetic leather and breathable mesh
- Lace up closure for a secure fit
- Fabric linings keep feet cool and dry
- Stabilizing internal heel counter gently helps your foot remain in its natural line of motion
- ORTHOLITE sockliner provides a cushioned layer underfoot, while molding to the shape of your foot for added comfort
ASICS Men's Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes, 9.5M, Black/Sheet Rock
New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Hierro V5 Trail Running Shoe, Varsity Gold/Neo Classic Blue, 10.5 M US
- 185 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 8 mm drop are approximate
- Fresh Foam innovative midsole created from a single piece of foam that provides a plush, more natural ride
- Synthetic upper
- Vibram outsole provides maximum surface contact and multi-directional traction. Vibram is a registered trademark of Vibram S.p.A. All rights reserved.
New Balance Men's Nitrel V3 Trail Running Shoe, Black/Magnet, 11 M US
- All terrain outsole
- Innovative REVlite midsole provides premium responsiveness and durability at a 30% lighter weight than other foams with comparable performance
- Synthetic/mesh upper
Salomon Men's ALPHACROSS Trail Running Shoe, Sargasso Sea/Navy Blazer/India Ink, 10
- Aggressive Grip: Contagrip outsole features a versatile lug pattern that is ready for any surface, wet or dry
- Comfort: instant comfort from the first time you put it on. The mesh upper and proven Salomon fit deliver
- Cushioning: energy cell midsole absorbs shock while you run
- closure type: lace-up
ASICS Men's Gel Venture 5 Trail Running Shoe, (10 D(M) US, Black/Shocking Orange/Duffel Bag)
- Outdoor-ready runner with mesh and brushstroke-patterned underlays
- Rearfoot GEL cushioning
- Removable sockliner accommodates medical orthotics
- Trail-specific outsole with reversed traction lugs
- AHAR outsole rubber in critical high-wear areas
ALTRA Men's ALM1953G Superior 4 Trail Running Shoe, Green - 10 M US
- Weight: 7.9 oz / 224 g
- Insole: 6 mm Contour Footbed with removable StoneGuard
- Midsole: Quantic
- Outsole: MaxTrac Rubber with TrailClaw
- Cushion: Low
- Stack Height: 21 mm
- Upper: Seamless wrap-around engineered knit
ALTRA Women's ALW1957F TIMP 1.5 Trail Running Shoe, Gray/Lime - 9.5 M US
- Softer midsole for comfort and flexibility
- Improved upper fit and 4-point gaitertrap
- Upgraded super-grippy maxtrac outsole
ALTRA Women's AL0A4QTX Lone Peak 4.5 Trail Running Shoe, NTRL Grey/Lt Turquoise - 9 M US
- Maxtrac outsole and multi-directional lug pattern for best in class traction
- Trimmed down upper for enhanced comfort and flexibility
- Skeletal stoneguard for lightweight rock protection
- Pioneering gaitertrap tech to attach gaiters quickly and securely
- Stack height: 25mm
Saucony Women's Grid Excursion TR12 Trail Running Shoe, Grey/Teal, 9.5 M US
- Grid cushioning system
- Durable rubber outsole
- Trail specific mesh
Precor EFX5.23 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer Reviewed
Precor EFX5.23 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer is a sturdy, smooth-running machine with 14 workout programs, 20 resistance levels, adjustable ramp, backpedaling option, and touch-sensitive display.
The machine is large and heavy, weighing 197 pounds and measuring 80" x 32" x 61". While being heavy is good for an elliptical since it makes it more stable, you will not want to have to move the machine very much. EFX5.23 does not have moving arm handles for upper body workout; I prefer machines that let you work on both lower and upper body, so I would list that as a disadvantage.
The CrossRamp feature this machine has allows you to adjust the incline of the ramp, varying from 13 to 40 degrees, with a touch of a button and without interrupting your workout. The 14 workout programs focus on different goals - Weight Loss, Distance Goal, Cross Training, Calorie Goal, etc. The Heart Rate program requires the use of the chest strap (included) that you place around your upper abdomens. Your heart rate will be transmitted to the console, enabling you to make sure you are within the desired range.
As I have already mentioned, the machine is smooth-running, it does not create a hard impact on the joints. Precor calls in "Natural Motion," stating that their machines are engineered to "move the way move." EFX5.23 is also very quiet.
The machine can store 2 user profiles, memorizing customized workouts for 2 different user ID's. It is a neat feature to have, but only for a family of 2; obviously, if you've got more than two people using the machine you would want it to remember more profiles.
Precor EFX5.23 is one of the most expensive ellipticals in the market, costing around $3200-$4000. It is a high quality machine though, so if you don't mind the few minor drawbacks I've listed I would recommend it for your home gym.