Best Trail Running Shoes For Obstacle Races in 2022
Inov-8 Mens X-Talon 230 - Lightweight OCR Trail Running Shoes - for Spartan, Obstacle Races and Mud Run - Black/Red 9 M US
Inov-8 Unisex X-Talon 200 | Super Lightweight OCR Trail Running Shoe | Wide Fit | Perfect for Mud and Obstacle Races | Red/Black M4.5/ W6
- Aggressive 8mm sticky rubber studs deliver ultimate traction across soft muddy terrain
- Super lightweight flexible design, allows the shoe to move naturally with the foot
- Rubber toe bumper protects obstacles, whilst rubber outsole delivers traction and durability on rope climbs
- 3mm heel to toe drop and EVA midsole delivers superb comfort without compromising on ground feel
- ✅ Size note: The shoes come up a 4 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide)
Inov-8 Mudclaw 275 - Trail Running OCR Shoes - Soft Ground - for Obstacle, Spartan Races and Mud Running - Black/Silver 7.5 Women/6 Men
- ➤ UNRIVALLED GRIP - The aggressive outsole features 8mm cleats, each with water dispersal channels which prevent aquaplaning to deliver unparallel claw like grip, no matter how thick the mud is.
- ➤ INCREASED PROTECTION - A flexible rock plate not only provides underfoot protection from obstacles but also flexes with the foots natural gait to aid agility on the trails. Whilst a gusseted tongue prevents debris from entering the shoe.
- ➤ HIGHLY BREATHABLE - The highly breathable, non water absorbing upper materials keep the shoe light in wet conditions, with added overlays for durability.
- ➤ FLEXIBLE DESIGN - The flexible outsole technology molds around any obstacle ensuring the foot has the flexibility and freedom to move naturally on the trails, allowing you to run confidently as the trail surfaces and weather conditions change.
- ➤ SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 1 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
Inov-8 Roclite 290 Trail Running Shoes - Women's, Grey/Pink/White, 7.5 US, 000564-GYPKWH-M-01-6
- Surface: Trail. Differential: 4 mm. Standard fit last features a wider toe box that allows toes to splay naturally. Will fit wider than a traditional medium width shoe. Designed for running swiftly over a variety of terrains. Breathable, lightweight mesh and synthetic upper materials. AdapterWeb Met-Cradle adapts to the movements and swelling of the foot for an adaptive, more comfortable fit and feel. Lace-up closure. Protective rubber toe cap. Y-Lock heel support helps stabilize the heel.
- From wet mountain terrain, to muddy grass, hard-packed trails, and everything in between, the inov-8® Roclite 290 feels your need for speed and confident footing.
- Predecessor: None.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation (supination).
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
Inov-8 Womens Roclite G 275 - Lightweight Trail Running OCR Shoes - Graphene Grip - for Obstacle, Spartan Races and Mud Running - Navy/Blue M7/ W8.5
- ➤ GRAPHENE OUTSOLE - Using graphene we have developed outsole rubbers that are scientifically proven to be 50% stronger, 50% more elastic and 50% harder wearing than our standard outsoles. Combined with versatile 6mm lugs to provide excellent grip over everything from soft mud to hard rock.
- ➤ UNDERFOOT PROTECTION - A flexible rock plate not only provides underfoot protection from rocks but also flexes with the foots natural gait to aid agility on the trails.
- ➤ ADDED COMFORT - A minimally constructed, yet super durable upper with protective overlays creates one of the most comfortable lightweight trail shoes around. Elastic mesh liners hug the foot and expand to accommodate feet that are swollen from hours on the trail for added comfort and support.
- ➤ FLEXIBLE DESIGN - The outsole technology in the forefoot ensures the foot has the flexibility and freedom to move naturally on the trails. Whilst the roomy toe box allows the toes to spread out naturally, providing additional stability, allowing you to run confidently as the trail surfaces and weather conditions change.
- ➤ SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 3 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
ASICS Womens Gel Fuji Runnegade 2 Trail Running Rhoes (6.5, Azaela/Silver/Black)
- Plasma guard: Your shoes are protected from rain and mud without the loss of breathability and flexibility through plasma guard, an innovative coating technology patented by Euro plasma.
- Solyte Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and speva. Also features enhanced cushioning and durability.
- Rear foot GEL Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Trail Specific Outsole: Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- Seamless Construction: The use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams.
Inov-8 Mens Roclite 300 | Trail Running Shoes | Perfect Entry Shoe for Runners Seeking Comfort & Protection | Blue/Yellow M11.5/ W13
- Sticky rubber provides optimal grip on all trail conditions.
- 8mm drop and more cushioning, allowing you to go further.
- Highly breathable lightweight upper delivers protection, comfort and durability.
- Lightweight, flexible rock plate provides increased comfort with underfoot impact protection.
- ✅ Size note: The shoes come up a 3 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide)
Salomon Women's Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes, Black/Black/BLACK METALLIC, 7
- Aggressive Grip: The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is an even hungrier monster for eating up soft, technical trails
- Precise Foothold: Feel one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, performance last shape and endoFit; For wet and dirty terrain trail
- OUTSOLE: Wet Traction Contagrip. Sockliner ; Molded eva, eva shaped footbed and ortholite; Features mid feather upper construction
- MISOLE: Molded EVA / Lightweight Muscle / injected EVA
- >2 RUNS PER WEEK
Salomon Men's Speedcross 4 Trail Running Shoes, Black/Everglade./Sulphur Spring, 10.5 M US
- Agressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground
- Precise Foothold : Close to foot and comfortable feel
- Contragrip rubber sole; MIDSOLE HEIGHT : 30mm/20mm (10mm drop);WEIGHT: 310g
- Aggressive Grip : Obvious and penetrating traction on soft ground , minimalistic and strong lace for one pull tightening. Easy on, easy off
- EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability
Inov-8 Mudclaw G 260 - Trail Running Shoes - Graphene Grip - OCR, Spartan Race and Mud Run - Green/Black 8.5 M US
- ➤ GRAPHENE OUTSOLE - Using revolutionary graphene enhanced rubber and fearsome 8mm studs to deliver the worlds toughest grip over soft and wet ground.
- ➤ EXTRA PROPULSION - The industry leading midsole technology works to absorb, store and then release energy to propel you through the gait cycle.
- ➤ DURABLE LIGHTWEIGHT UPPER - The super tough breathable mesh upper materials give high levels of durability to a shoe weighing in at just 260g.
- ➤ NATURAL FORM - The 4mm drop promotes a better natural running form for the athlete with a medium range of motion in the ankle joint, reducing tension on the achilles and calf.
- ➤ SIZE NOTE - The shoes come up a 1 on our fit scale (1 narrow - 5 wide).
How to Prevent Skin Chafing
If skin rubs against anything, skin chafing occurs. It can be very painful but there are things you can do to keep it from happening. Below are some easy suggestions that you can start using today!
For most of my teenage years and into my adulthood, I've had to deal with one type of skin issue or another. I knew I wasn't the only one dealing with these issues, so back in 2020 is when I got really serious about it and decided to help others with my knowledge about skin care.
If skin chafing is an issue for you, you'll find some good suggestions that I know can help and whether you get chafing in the most common areas like the thighs, groin, underarms or even your nipples (not a rare problem if you run) or any other area, the most important thing to remember is you need to lessen the frequency of that rubbing. And, there are very easy ways to do this:
1. Skin must be kept dry. This means that sweating needs to be controlled. Controlling it may be easier than you think if you use talcum powder. See below* for how to do this quickly and easily.
2. Make sure you stay lubricated. Petroleum jelly or other skin oils could be very effective in aiding the friction issue. Runners may find this especially helpful.
3. Wear the right clothes. Nowadays, they have clothing on the market specifically telling you that they are "moisture wicking". Also, wear clothes that fit well. If you have thigh chafing, compression shorts might be an option for you.
Finally, how can you treat an already chafed area? The first thing you want to do is clean the area and dry it well. Apply the lubricant of choice. If the area is painful or is actually bleeding, you may need a medicated ointment. Avoid any activity that would cause further skin chafing because the problem areas could become infected. If that happens, you should see a doctor so that they can give the best treatment.
*Put the talcum powder in a small, thin towel, washrag or handkerchief. Secure the edges together (you can even use a rubberband). Then, just use it as a powder puff on the areas that you tend to sweat.