The Best Nike Running Shoes For Men in 2021
Nike Mens Air Max Torch 4 Running Shoe Anthracite/Metallic Silver/Black Size 11.5 M US
- TPU overlays provide targeted support for a snug, secure fit.
- Breathable mesh in the upper for ventilation and cooling.
- Phylon midsole in the forefoot for lightweight cushioning.
- Visible Max Air unit under the heel maximizes cushioning.
- Waffle fill outsole for durable, multi-surface traction.
Nike Men's Revolution 5 Running Shoe, Black/Anthracite, 9.5 Regular US
- REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT: The Nike Revolution 5 men's running shoes cushion your stride with soft foam to keep you running in comfort. Minimalist design fits in just about anywhere your day takes you.
- BREATHABLE SUPPORT: These Nike men's shoes have lightweight knit textile that wraps your foot in breathable comfort. Reinforced heel and overlays lend support and durability.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Soft foam midsole delivers a smooth, stable ride, making these the running shoes men need. Textured outer wall reduces the weight of the shoe.
- DURABLE & FLEXIBLE TRACTION: These Nike shoes are made with rubber outsoles, offering durable traction on a variety of surfaces. Spacing in the tread lets your foot flex naturally.
- MEN'S RUNNING SHOES: Lightweight knit wraps foot, foam midsole, rubber outsole, plush lining, soft sockliner.
Nike Men's Downshifter 9 Running Shoe, black/white - anthracite - cool grey, 10 Regular US
- RUNNING SHOES FOR MEN: The Nike Downshifter 9 running shoe lets you take your sprints and runs to new levels.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Men's Nike shoes feature open mesh at the forefoot that is lightweight and breathable, keeping you comfortable throughout your run.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Closed mesh through the midfoot and heel provides structured support to our men's sneakers while the textured outsole provides additional traction and durability.
- RESILIENT RIDE: Men's shoes with an articulated, full-length midsole that provides resilient and flexible cushioning, while the no-sew midfoot saddle delivers support.
- RUN FREELY: Flex grooves provide traction and let your feet move naturally in your Nike running shoes and the soft, smooth midsole cushions your stride.
Nike Men's Flex Experience Run 8 Shoe, Cool Grey/Black-Reflective Silver-White, 10 Regular US
- RUNNING SHOES FOR MEN: The Nike Flex Experience RN 8 running shoe delivers lightweight comfort with a knit fabric that conforms to your every step.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: Men's Nike shoes feature flex grooves in the outsole for natural flexibility and a soft mesh in the heel for an adaptive fit while running.
- DURABLE DESIGN: A no-sew overlay at the laces and toe tip adds durability to our men's running shoes while textured outsole provides additional traction and durability.
- RESILIENT RIDE: Injected unit sole midsole provides a resilient ride and enough durability to double as an outsole. This allows for a reduction in rubber and overall weight on your running shoes.
- RUN FREELY: Hexagonal flex grooves offer 6 different flex points for running freely in your Nike running shoes and the rounded heel rolls with the ground, promoting a natural range of motion.
Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Running Shoe Black/White/Thunder Grey 10.5 Medium US
- Perforations on upper enhance breathability in forefoot and arch
- Full-length Zoom Air unit provides a smooth, responsive ride
- Slimmer design reduces bulk for a comfortable, conforming fit
- Exposed Flywire cables in the midfoot promote a snug fit at higher speeds
- Cushlon ST foam provides firm yet responsive cushioning
Nike Men's Tanjun Running Sneaker Black/White 10.5
Nike Men's Revolution 4 Running Shoe, black/black, 10.5 Regular US
- MEN'S RUNNING SHOES: Molded pods offer multi-surface traction. Pods flatten on impact then spring back at toe-off creating a piston effect that delivers responsive cushioning.
- ATHLETIC SHOES: Soft foam midsole delivers lightweight, responsive cushioning. Underlays in the vamp and toe tip offer support and structure for a comfortable ride.
- CORE PERFORMANCE: Minimal in design running shoes. Full-length rubber outsole provides durable traction and cushioning to run longer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE: No-sew overlays along the midfoot and eyestays provide durability while keeping the shoe lightweight. Single-layer mesh upper for optimal breathability.
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported, synthetic and rubber sole
Nike Men's Free RN 5.0 Running Shoe, Black/White/Anthracite, Size 11.0
- Stretch upper designed to fit like a second skin.
- Low foam density lets your foot feel connected to the ground.
- Heel-to-toe grooves allow multi-directional flexibility.
- Asymmetrical lacing system is placed on the side to relieve pressure on your instep.
Nike Men's Revolution 5 Wide Running Shoe, Black/White-Anthracite, 10.5 4E US
- Mesh upper for optimal breathability
- Rubber outsole offers durable traction
- Soft foam midsole delivers lightweight, responsive cushioning
Nike Men's Air Monarch IV Cross Trainer, Black/Black, 10.5 Regular US
- MEN'S LEATHER SNEAKERS: Leather upper features overlays for support and perforations for airflow.
- COMFORTABLE TRAINING: Foam Phylon midsole and full-length encapsulated Air-Sole unit cushions for comfort and support.
- NATURAL MOTION: Solid rubber outsole is durable and provides traction over varied surfaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT GYM SHOE: Mesh shoe tongue enhances breathability and heel pull tab helps with easy on and off
- NIKE MEN'S SHOE: Imported and man made with synthetic sole
How to Become a Runner in 20 Days
Running is a sport that anyone can do and achieve superb results. Novice runners do not need to be scared to lace up their Nikes. Take this 2020 challenge for a fitter you in the new year!
The New Year has come and gone with the usual resolutions unresolved. A new year - an explosive year if one is to believe those silly calendar rumors- is here for us to once again make promises. I hate that word - promise. I equally loath the word resolution. Both of these words set me up for failure from the moment they leave my mouth. Too much pressure to live life perfectly for an entire year. So, I resolve to be imperfect this year. Let's start with this running thing.
I started running in a serious way (that means not just running to the end of my driveway and then convincing myself I couldn't do anymore) back in February 2020. The first time I stepped onto the pavement, I checked my form. How do I get it perfect? There goes that pressure again. I almost caved right then as I looked longingly at my front door already feeling the warmth and comfort that my couch would bring me. But that would not get me to my goal of becoming a runner. Neither would critiquing myself every time my foot hit the ground in an odd way or I breathed a little too hard. I was going to have to go at this my own imperfect way.
If you found this article then I already know that you are interested in running, but maybe you are unsure about the time commitment or you think that running is too painful, reminiscent of those horrible fitness tests in high school that were administered by some drill sergeant gym coach. I am here for you - the beginner, the novice, the timid person who desperately wants to wear a number and complete a 5K. I am here for the beginners to tell you that you can do it!
Running has offered me a lot of opportunities. I have learned the limits of my body, which turn out not to be as many as I thought I had. I have met awesome people at the various races I have entered. I have learned that I am deserving of the title: Athlete. You can do this, too. It has been said that it takes about 20 days to break a habit or, in this case, start a healthier habit. That is why I created a 20 day challenge to kick start your New Year in a healthy way. Being physically fit isn't just a reason to fit into your skinny jeans. Being physically fit clears your mind and helps you fit into something more precious than a pair of skinny jeans. It helps you feel at home with who you are. Self-esteem is something we think is handed to us once we leave high school and enter the adult world, the "real world," where everything is suppose to be better. Yeah, not true unless you are that one percent that seem to always feel okay with who they are.
I am not a doctor or a certified personal trainer. I am a runner who is here to share some of the techniques that have helped me find success. Take my advice for what it is - simply advice. Tweak what I give to you to fit into your daily life. Make this challenge personal to you so that you will succeed. Also, I am from the St. Louis Metropolitan area. So, I may be including a lot of local stuff along the way. If this part doesn't apply to you, post a comment or two about where you are and your local resources. Let our fellow runner/readers who are taking this challenge with us have some more options. Okay, enough talk - let's go!
Day One - January 1
Am I going to make you run today? If I were a hard-core trainer, I would have you up at 5:00am laced up and ready to go. But I am not even going to consider telling you to get up and go this morning. If you partied too hard last night then even attempting to start running today will have you defeated from the get go. Not cool!
So, today we are going to do something fun. After you have rested up, get moving to your local Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods or Johnny Mac's. Browse the workout apparel. Find yourself some toasty, warm gloves. Get some layering attire - a tight, stretchy, moisture-wicking bottom layer to pull sweat away from your body to keep you from freezing, a looser-fitting long-sleeved top for the second layer and a warm jacket to start you off right. Invest in a pair of running tights to wear under your fleece pants to pull moisture away and keep your legs warm. Layering is key to comfort. Everyone warms up or stays cool differently. You want to be able to shed as you run if you need to. I am one that takes a long time to warm up, but you may get hot fast so layers are essential to keep you comfy.
You will also want to find some warm headgear - a hat or a head wrap. Even when the sun is out on a winter day it can still be brutal on your ears. A windy, winter's day can give you a brain freeze worse than a DQ Blizzard. Protect those ears and you will have a much comfier run.
When you are done picking up your attire, head over to Fleet Feet or Big River Running (BRR is local to the St. Louis area, Fleet Feet is available more nationwide). Let the professionals help you find a shoe that will be the perfect fit for your running adventure. A properly fitted shoe will help you run injury-free so your plans for a running year will not get sabotaged early in the running game.
When you are done, go home. Enjoy the beginning of a New Year with a nice dinner. Get out your iPod and set up a fun play list that you want to listen to for your first day of running and then get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow your feet will be hitting some pavement.